News

Updates

Forum

Contest

Support

Demo

Links

Gearhead Garage™: The new PC game for mechanics and car enthusiasts.
Forum: View topic - hello old friends

[ Forum Index > General > hello old friends ]

Prev Topic, Next Topic 
ausmade
Post Fri May 28, 2010 10:26 pm 
Skill Level: Expert

hello old friends

g'day guys

it's been a while, thought i'd drop by and say hello...i'm still modding, but i'm modding for WR2, these days, i get to drive my conversions woohoo,. nice to see a few old faces still around

hope you are all well, i'm surprised to see this old site still going...what ever happened to "asco" and GHH i guess with Racerplanets revamp, his site went...bugger

well be safe ya all..and if anyone has any of my old mods, then drop me a msg @ ammods@live.com

cheers

Jake
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:45 am 
Skill Level: Learning

Hi Andy, long time no speak.

I was just reminiscing today about the old ghg gang and though id check to see if the forums were still alive.

I loved this game, modelling cars for this game was awesome and like 95% of the people in the community were good guys, its sad to see that its slowly faded away.

I wish i still had some of my old meshes and files so i could throw my unfinished projects into the game and have that tinker that i never got completed. The reason i left the scene about 8-9 years ago was the fact that 3rd party models were scarce and if you started converting one to ghg, someone would beat you to it. So i moved over to streetrod3 and was a senior modeller there, i made my first ever scratch built model and i was pretty frickin happy with it. I was just doing little bits and pieces to finish it off and someone else released one for the game and that was it. Street rod 3 promised to be the GHG2 everyone was hoping for.. sorta, until it too faded to nothing. I just reinstalled ghg tonight for the first time in years, i remembered some of the good old days. Smokin Guns - He was my favourite modeller of all time. clean, simple models and thats what i wanted to achieve. So many of the models that people made were just slap bang and didnt bother to even scale or rotate the cars to suit ghg, but oh well, its just a shame.

Nice taking a trip down memory lane.

Shame about gearhead heaven too, that site was good for the community...

Ben

Not just Street Rod 3, it pretty much showcases my models and projects etc, be sure to check the News Archive.

Jake
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 am 
Skill Level: Learning

sorry double post

lol at my old sig

Ben

Not just Street Rod 3, it pretty much showcases my models and projects etc, be sure to check the News Archive.

JAG
Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm 
Skill Level: Mekada
Location: MA, USA In The JAGSGAMES/Team Platinum Racing Underground Headquarters

I'm still here. I dug through the CD's recently and found the GHG CD. I'm installing it now, but it looks like GHH has been down for a while. Good thing the ZIP files with all the 3rd party cars are still online. Smile

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACMENT!

Jump to:  

All material © 1999-2006 Mekada. All rights reserved.
  Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group