News

Updates

Forum

Contest

Support

Demo

Links

Gearhead Garage™: The new PC game for mechanics and car enthusiasts.
Forum: View topic - WinXP with Vista

[ Forum Index > Troubleshooting > WinXP with Vista ]

Prev Topic, Next Topic  Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kane
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 am 
HONCHO

I can guarantee that, just like i have with the WoW expansions so far, i will be waiting for the stores to open on release day if GHG2 is coming. Sadly it seems Mekada/Ratloop missed the EA-train (Or they missed you to be fair!) and got left behind with so many talented and visionary programmers.
Too bad the Nintendo thing didn't work out and that it seems to have cost you a bit in the process, but what's life without gambling? ^^
Guess you gotta be pretty fast with development and release of a console game, since it'll be obsolete with the next gen console, a year or less later.
Not that windows treated GHG very well either through it's versions though.

Like Silverado, this game pretty much set off my own spark to wrenching in the garage. Though most cars don't seem to find their way out again. YET!

I miss the kind of car game where you just sensed that the makers weren't the kind to drive a standard Toyota and take to a mechanic for servicing.
I have a hard time imagining that anyone in EA actually knows anything cars. Rims and bright colors, yes. Cars, no.
I don't know WHEN you we're tossing around the idea of sequal to publishers, but Street Legal Racing probably took a fair bit of business away from you as well in that respect. Trying to sell a concept that more or less already was on the market (Though bugged and hardly ever working) must have been hard.

If, maybe, sometime, some day, Mekada comes to making a sequal, the driving bit doesnt have to be that realistic. Just make us able to smash them up. Cool
A stable version of SLR would be beyond coolness!

1975 T/A WIP
1973 Catalina Safari Wagon. On the road soon.
1978 For Fairmont 5.0
1985 Volvo 740GL daily driver...

fordluver
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 pm 
Skill Level: Mekada

Wish this would have worked out, I would still love a GHG2!

Razor_Rage
Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 am 
Skill Level: Expert

In the day and age of Kickstarters now it might not be impossible if Mekada/Ratloop get a kickstarter going.

Car_Guy
Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:15 am 
HONCHO

You guys really should check out Car Mechanic Simulator if you have not already (2014 was good and 2015 version even better) If it came out with GHG2 title it would have fit fine.

Jump to:  

All material © 1999-2006 Mekada. All rights reserved.
  Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group